Page 1 of 1 • Share •
- Almost always used as the help key, almost every program opens a help screen when this key is pressed.
- Enter CMOS Setup
- Windows Key + F1 would open the Microsoft Windows help and support center.
- Open the Task pane
- In Windows renames a highlighted icon, file or folder in all versions of Windows.
- Alt + Ctrl + F2 opens document window in Microsoft Word
- Ctrl + F2 displays the print preview window in Microsoft Word.
- Quickly rename a selected file or folder.
- Enter CMOS Setup
- Often opens a search feature for many programs including Microsoft Windows when at the Widows Desktop
- In MS-DOS or Windows command line F3 will repeat the last command.
- Shift + F3 will change the text in Microsoft Word from upper to lower case or a capital letter at the beginning of every word.
- Windows Key + F3 opens the Advanced find window in Microsoft Outlook.
- Open Mission Control on an Apple computer running Mac OS X.
- Open find window in Windows 95 to XP.
- Open the address bar in Windows Explorer and internet explorer
- Repeat the last action performed (Word 2000+).
- Alt + F4 closes the program window currently active in Microsoft Windows.
- Ctrl + F4 closes the open window within the current active window in Microsoft Windows.
- In all modern Internet browsers, pressing F5 will refresh or reload the page or document window.
- Open the find, replace, and go to window in Microsoft Word.
- Starts a slideshow in PowerPoint.
- Move the cursor to the address bar in Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and most other Internet browsers.
- Ctrl + Shift + F6 opens to another open Microsoft Word document.
- Reduce laptop speaker volume (on some laptops).
- Commonly used to spell check and grammar check a document in Microsoft programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, etc.
- Shift + F7 runs a Thesaurus check on the word highlighted.
- Turns on Caret browsing in Mozilla Firefox.
- Increase laptop speaker volume (on some laptops).
- Function key used to enter the Windows startup menu, commonly used to access Windows Safe Mode
- Used by some computers to access the Windows recovery system, but may require a Windows installation CD.
- Displays a thumbnail image for all workspaces in Mac OS.
- Refresh document in Microsoft Word
- Send and receive e-mail in Microsoft Outlook
- Opens the Measurements toolbar in Quark 5.0.
- Reduce laptop screen brightness (on some laptops).
- With Mac OS 10.3 or later, displays a thumbnail for each window in a single workspace.
- Using the Fn key and F9 at the same time opens Mission Control on an Apple computer running Mac OS X.
- In Microsoft Windows activates the menu bar of an open application.
- Shift + F10 is the same as right-clicking on a highlighted icon, file, or Internet link.
- Access the hidden recovery partition on HP and Sony computers.
- Enter CMOS Setup
- Increase laptop screen brightness (on some laptops)
- With Mac OS 10.3 or later, shows all open Windows for the active program.
- Enter and exit full screen mode in all modern Internet browsers
- Ctrl + F11 as computer is starting to access the hidden recovery partition on many Dell computers.
- Access the hidden recovery partition on eMachines, Gateway, and Lenovo computers.
- With Mac OS 10.4 or later, hides all open windows and shows the Desktop
- Open the Save as window in Microsoft Word
- Ctrl + F12 opens a document In Word.
- Shift + F12 saves the Microsoft Word document (like Ctrl + S).
- Ctrl + Shift + F12 prints a document in Microsoft Word.
- Preview a page in Microsoft Expression Web.
- Open Firebug or browser debug tool.
- With an Apple running Mac OS 10.4 or later, F12 shows or hides the Dashboard
- Access the list of bootable devices on a computer at startup, allowing you to select a different device to boot from (hard drive, CD or DVD drive, floppy drive, USB drive, and network).
Wow. These are very helpful. Thanks.
- Posts : 80
Points : 114
Join date : 2013-04-15
Page 1 of 1
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum